Thursday 2 February 2012

When things go wrong...

So finding out this week that I have to resit my nursery placement induced a number of responses in me:
I am a bad teacher
I am going to fail the whole course
But I don't want to be a nursery teacher
Why? My school report was amazing and I received chocolate from a parent
I feel sick
Do I have to do another placement?

And so on so forth

But the point I'm reaching now is more positive: I made a mistake; I'll learn from my mistake; I get to fix my mistake.

It just shows that in life, things will always knock you down and go completely differently to how you planned but you need to find the bright side and pick yourself up and just get on with it. I've had my 24 hours of feeling pants and now I'll just man up and roll with the punches.
Such is the ways of the trainee teacher.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect this isn't easy to hear just now but experiencing failure like this can lead to better things in the end. I remember how dumped I was in first year university to fail Physics - which had been my favourite subject at school. In the event, it gave me the push I needed to pull my socks up and make a success of it but it wasn't easy at the time. Hopefully you can pick it up and do what needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete