Tuesday 1 November 2011

When cousins come to cook

I have still yet to enter anything related to the course I am studying and the whole purpose of this blog so I'll shortly mention this mornings tutorial involving my context board and then move on to the theatre that happened in my kitchen tonight. 

I learnt that it helps to attend lectures about context boards to understand that quality tutors are looking for. I now feel the desperate urge for a laminator and constant visitation of the sparklebox website to be a successful teacher with a pretty context board. I'm still thoroughly attached to my hand painted volcano and trees crafted out of paper and pipe cleaner. Any one can print and laminate from google images...

But anyway, cooking. My cousin promised he'd make dinner for my family one day and came tonight to do us the honours. He made us beautiful balmoral chicken stuffed with haggis and wrapped with bacon and it was delicious. What was really funny was the comments coming from the kitchen. He managed to forget the benefits of oven gloves frequently and somehow managed to throw a roast potato at a cupboard. What I found most amusing was the story about his career as an opera singer in which is played King Duncan in Macbeth. This was not any old MacBeth, for all the characters were not humans but Baboons. 

This short and hilarious story has encouraged me to continue this blog in the knowledge that whatever I write will always be better than a Shakespearan opera involving baboons.


1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can make model volcaoes with baking powder and vinegar to simulate lava? I suspect a Google search will throw up instructions on how to do it. (And if anyone tries this, we want video evidence of the results!)

    Also, the story about baboons did make me wonder about the truth of the old saying about infinite time and an infinite number of monkeys...

    ReplyDelete