Monday 31 October 2011

What I have learned this week...

So... I've to write about what I've learned this week and stating that I've learned how to create a blog seems like a bit of a cop out (especially since I created one for another module in first year). So based on the wonderfully overused saying "every day is a school day" I'm simply going to refer back to my diary and give a day by day account since last Monday on what I've learnt.

Monday: I learnt that I still really like Monster Munch pickled onion flavoured crisps whilst playing a board game called Catan. (In other words, Monday was a slow day for leanring.)

Tuesday: I learnt how to play snooker. I also learnt I'm not very good at it.

Wednesday: I learnt about how mental nurseries are and how much like unpaid babysitting they can be, but I still really enjoyed placement. I also learned that I will do a really boring and pointless course through my work (McDonalds) all for £100.

Thursday: I learnt about how angry one guest speaker in a lecture can make me. It is safe to say that it's hypocritical to preach about open-mindedness when what is actually meant is that you have a closed mind to the more accepted point of view. Silly people.

Friday: I learnt that I will shout at my manager if they are being out of order because I can do their job better than them.

Saturday: I learnt that babysitting is not only an excellent insight into children from a teachers point of view but also a bit of training to be a mum. In one night I handled 5 tempter tantrums, I cooked the dinner, I diplomatically set one thing on the TV to watch, I found a lost panda and I put three children to bed.

Sunday: I learned that I can pull a maths context board out the hat when pushed to do so. Thank goodness for that cause it looks awesome!

So overall you as a reader can learn a few things about me: I work in McDonalds, I'm clearly opinionated, Im training to be a primary sschool and I can write a lot.

Thank you for your time :)

4 comments:

  1. totally agree with your learning from friday.. mamagers dont have a clue (most of the time)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shockedyou managed to type all this in the short time! And all that chat about McDonalds is making me want one...hope working there doesn't put you off it because it's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems a shame for me to read all that and have no evidence that I did, so that's the purpose of this post. Oh, also, thanks for finding my lost panda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was the panda's name? - You always miss out the important stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete